Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things to Improve: Getting Caught in the Negative


At the moment, I'm taking a bit of time to reflect on where I want to improve and what I'm doing well. You can find the master list of reflections here.


Getting Caught in the Negative

I'm an anxious person. I worry about doing the right thing all the time. I get horribly frustrated when I am stopped - in any way - from doing the right thing. And I can get caught in the negatives associated.

NAPLAN was one area which caught me up and stressed me out to an unreasonable level. I felt it was a weight pressing down on me all the time. I let it, and my feelings about it, rule me day in and day out. I had trouble letting it go.

The negativity is definately not good for me, emotionally. I get all wrapped up in it and let it shadow all the other things I do.

So how do I get around this. Surround myself with positive people. Keep things that make me happy on my desk (this has worked a treat this year). Put in place the organisation and anti-procrastination ideas which will help me keep on top of other things which stress me. Laugh.

I feel positive about working on this one!


Next time - into the things I do well!


Image from http://www.4freephotos.com


.

No comments:

Post a Comment