Thursday, May 21, 2009

Of floods and carnivals

Yesterday the children in our school were sent home early (from 10.30am onwards) due to massive flooding. I went home a little early to make sure we didn't have flooding, and now I'm watching the neighbour's chickens wandering around in a very wet back yard (otherwise known as BIG puddle/pond of water).

I haven't been sent home early because of rain since I was a child - seems the drought is finally over in South-East Queensland!

In other good news, the Carnival of Education is on again today. I haven't had time to go through them all yet, but some really interesting looking links as usual. I'm looking forward to reading When Video is Made Uncritically and The Battleground Bookshelf. I'm also over there with A Time for Teaching Reflection, which is my current series of posts about where I'm heading. It has actually fit in really well with some of the things going on in our school which I'll talk about when I reach the end . . .

Go! Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment